Historically, the charts are heavy with 'Idol' tunes this first week of eligibility. But in keeping with the seeming lack of enthusiasm for this year's finalists, the best this season's contestants do is a No. 24 debut for Lee DeWyze's "Beautiful," giving Lee the distinction of having the lowest placed 'Idol' winners' single in the show's history.
Last season, Kris Allen and Adam Lambert combined for nine songs in the Hot 100. This year, Crystal and Lee have only five, one of which is there duet of "Falling Slowly." Click here for an analysis of Idol winners on the charts.
At any rate, here's how all the Idols did this week on the Hot 100.
- 24. "Beautiful Day" (Lee DeWyze): Debut
- 25. "Undo It" (Carrie Underwood) : LW 59
- 35. “Whataya Want From Me” (Adam Lambert): LW 29
- 44. "Hallelujah" (Lee DeWyze): Debut
- 57. "Up To The Mountain" (Crystal Bowersox): Debut
- 66. "Falling Slowly" (Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox): Debut
- 81. "Leave Right Now" (Will Young - Idol boot song): Debut
- 88. "The Boxer" (Lee DeWyze): Debut
Billboard 200 (Albums)
- 24. Play On (Carrie Underwood): LW 35, 30 weeks on the charts
- 72. For Your Entertainment (Adam Lambert): LW 62, 27 weeks on the charts
- 77. Leave This Town (Daughtry): LW 58, 46 weeks on the charts
- 110. American Idol: Season 9 (Cast): LW 82, 3 weeks on the charts