Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Preview: Jennifer Hudson's 'I Remember Me'

I Remember MeJennifer Hudson's sophomore album, I Remember Me, is being previewed this week on AOL.The album will be released March 22. Click here for the link.

Jennifer talked about the album in a recent interview with Tom Joyner. She wrote the title track to get out some of the feelings she's had over the past few years.

“In 29 years I feel like I’ve led at least four different lives. Nothing is the same today as it was two years ago, so I just want to say I remember me.” she said in the interview. “And that’s what I love about the album, it’s kind of a collection of me. I refused to record anything I did not love.”

I've given this one quick listen. My favorite is "Still Here," written to honor her grandmother. I also like "Where You At" (written by R. Kelly), "I Got This," and "Believe," a good old gospel kick. Ms. Hudson may have lost 80 pounds, but her voice is stronger than ever. I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment